- Use Manipulatives ( beans, blocks, pennies) to help build the problems
- Use manipulative to solve the problems
- Solve the problem without manipulative
2. Do a pretest and see what your child already knows.
3. Practice the facts:
- Create flashcards
- Play games with dice:
- Use a timer and 2 die, roll the dice and answer out loud. See how many problems can be solved in 1 minute or 2 minutes. Keep a chart and track progress.
- Play computer games
- Computer math practice:
4. Create worksheets
- Math Worksheet creator:
- Practice writing the answer
- Review errors, demonstrate patterns
5. Practice times facts with pencil and paper